The following is a list I adopted from the International Health Awareness center, Inc called: “The 50 Best ways to approach life”.
The list is filled with basic truths and guidelines that can help you reduce stress and improve in all areas of your life for 2015 and beyond! Enjoy and I would love to hear your comments on this and the things you plan on doing to make 2015 your best year ever!
1. You understand that no one is more important than you are, and that no one is less important.
2. You understand that you are unique and that you have a unique contribution to make to the world.
3. You realize there are no mistakes, only lessons.
4. You work daily to improve your skills and self -knowledge.
5. You take pride in doing your best.
6. You promote self-confidence in the people with whom you work and live.
7. You practice what you preach; you walk your talk.
8. You adapt to change quickly.
9. You see problems as challenges, and press on with a smile.
10. You’re able to take risks and deal with uncertainty.
11. You pace yourself (by the hour, by the months, by the year).
12. You look for ways to remove the unnecessary stressors in your life-at work, at home.
13. You use your head instead of your back.
14. You’re able to look at a stack of work and tackle one thing at a time calmly.
15. You learn from the past, plan for the future, and live in the present.
16. The moment you feel physical or mental stress, you take action to relieve it, so that the small stresses-molehills-don’t become mountains.
17. You see finish lines rather than deadlines.
18. You understand that life is 10% what happens to us, and 90% how we react to it.
19. You are able to live in peace with the things you cannot change; you have the courage to change the things you can change; and you have the wisdom to know the difference.
20. You nurture your sense of humor (“No humor, no creativity; know humor, know creativity”).
21. You use your imagination to come up with new possibilities.
22. You say, “What if..?”, instead of, “Yes, but…”
23. You combine intuition, experience, insight, and analytical thinking.
24. You find ways to make work fun.
25. You take life seriously, but yourself not at all.
26. You are positive- you look for the good in everyone.
27. You are professional- you strive for excellence
28. You are proactive- you don’t wait for a crisis to occur.
29. You are progressive- you aim to surpass your past accomplishments.
30. You are productive- you get the job done right on time.
31. You are profitable- you create quality products and services that help others.
32. You make good moment-by-moment choices concerning your well being.
33. You balance work and family life.
34. You arrive at work with your batteries fully charged.
35. You give equal attention to the health of body, mind, and soul.
36. You seek professional advice or counseling if and when needed.
37. You tap your inner reserves so you’re able to keep up your morale when everyone else is losing theirs.
38. You have initiative and are able to operate with little or no supervision.
39. You accept responsibility for your actions.
40. You see your life’s mission as that of helping and loving others.
Communication and Quality Relationships
41. You are able to express your ideas and your needs clearly and concisely.
42. You ask questions and actively listen.
43. You have two ears and one mouth, and you remember to listen twice as much as you speak.
44. You are sensitive to the needs and feelings of co-workers, clients, family and friends.
45. You relate well to people with different abilities and personalities.
46. You mind your own business.
47. You are forgiving and compassionate.
48. You accept contradiction and correction cheerfully.
49. You are able to compromise and yield in discussion.
50. You are patient, kind, courteous, and considerate.
I would say that’s a pretty awesome list! Now lets get out there and make it happen.
Once again I would love to hear your comments on this so please post them below!
Also if you like what you read and feel that others you know could benefit from this then please share.
Think, Look ,and Be strong!